I can’t say that I speak for every woman when it comes to my passion and devotion for assholic men, but I am definitely attracted to their distinct brand of indifference. As a self-proclaimed nice girl, I can’t overlook a distinguished history with every description of assh*le. Even worse, I clamor for more of them. *sigh* they are an addiction. I’d like to shed a little insight into why women like this grade of men.
1) Confidence in any form is highly desirable—but when it arrives in its raw earnest state, gliding though the room self-aware and uncaring… The heady combination is captivating. Your eyes kinda glaze over and mouth pants when you see a man whose demeanor screams “I’ma do me”. The best example I can liken this experience to, is a woman’s banging body in a maxi dress.
2) He’s not afraid to put you in your place— or for that matter, anyone else. Some call it rude, other’s say outspoken, I call it charming. A woman walks around in her Real Housewife daze thinking “who gonna check me boo?” and the next thing you know an assh*le does. And you like it! A quick insensitive murmur lets you know he’ll only take your shenanigans so far.
3) He brings out your inner B!tch—you never know how mean-spirited or crazy you can be until you meet an assh*le. It’s a constant battle of wits as you press each other’s buttons to determine the hard limits, oh ye old relationship trouble and strife. There will come a time when spitfire unleashes from your lips and you’re not sure whether to rip off his head or his clothes. The skirmish continues until someone cries pax, and you don’t want it to be you.
4) Will I be punished?—If the male twitter population is to be believed, crazy (beautiful) girls are desired because the coition is off the chains. The same can be said for self-indulged assh*les. Taking a page from 50Shades, there’s only so far you can push them before inevitably they will shut you up the best way they know how. And depending on how riled up you get them that can be a wondrous experience…
5) They act like they don’t need you— which feeds an inner need to prove that you are in fact needable. An assh*les every act roars that you will be let go at any time. They make you work for their affection, so even tiny victories are positive affirmations in disguise. They never show a weak side and thus you never know what to expect. Being caught in a whirlwind of vacillation wondering if he really likes you can be very thrilling at times. Especially if you wake up to him spooning you. Real assh*les don’t spoon when they’re awake.
I’m sure when I’m older and ready to get serious, I’ll decry my love of assh*les but until then they are the residue of my little black book.
Up 4 Discussion…
1) What do you think of my description of the proverbial a-hole? Am I spot on?
2) Women, do you agree with my assessment?
3) Men, do you finally get why a-holes are so alluring?
4)All, do you have a guilty pleasure type?