Amid legends of mystics dragons and a trip down the main street of Llanfairpwllgwyngygerychwyrndrobwll-llantysiliogogogoch, the United Kingdom offers a wide range of study abroad opportunities. Students pursuing a full course of study require a student visa to enter the UK. 

To obtain a UK student visa you must have an unconditional offer from an accredited university and a proof of funding to cover your tuition costs. 

Student Visa Process 

Once you are accepted to a university in the UK, you can apply for a student visa through an online portal. The university will issue you a document called a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies, or CAS, that must be presented at the time of your visa application. 

This process typically takes up to six months from the date of your course start, so it is best to begin planning early. You will also need to provide proof that you have enough money to pay for your courses and living expenses, as well as the visa fee. 

Once you have been granted a Student Visa, you can travel to the UK and register at your college. You will need to bring your passport, visa, and BRP (Biometric Residence Permit) with you to registration. It is important that you collect your BRP promptly, as the university must submit an electronic copy to UKVI at the time of enrolment. 

Tier 4 General Student Visa Requirements 

If you wish to study a full giay phep tu van du hoc time course at university or college level in the UK, you will need a Tier 4 visa. This visa category caters for students from outside the EEA. This visa requires an educational institution to be licensed as a Tier 4 sponsor. You will also need to pass a points based assessment in order to be granted this visa. 

You will also need to prove that you have sufficient funds in order to pay for your course and living costs. The visa holder will be required to pay a £150 healthcare surcharge in addition to the visa fee. 

The visa holder will be interviewed by an Entry Clearance Officer. This will include questions about your visa history, your education, where you want to study, why you are doing the course and your financial ability. You will also need to provide a CAS. This is a document that your educational institution will give you once you have been offered a place on your course. 

Short Term Study Visa for the UK 

If you are taking an English language course that is 6 or 11 months long, you can enter the UK under this route. However, you must be able to prove that you have enough money to fund your visit without working in the UK. You can show this through bank statements or a letter from your sponsor. 

The visa application fee will be paid online as part of your application and you will need to supply original documents relating to your studies, accommodation details and financial documentation showing how you will fund yourself in the UK (such as your bank statement). You will also need to pay an immigration health surcharge so that you can use the National Health Service during your stay. 

You will be allowed to work as much or as little as you wish in the UK while on this visa, but you are not permitted to take up a job that is related to your studies. You will also be required to attend a local post office within 10 days of your arrival to collect your biometric residence permit. 

UK Student Visa Application Process 

The UK Student Visa Application Process entails following a set process that is regulated by the UK Visa and Immigration (UKVI). Students need to submit original documents along with photocopies for each of the required documents. This includes a confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS) from the university of choice and proof of funds to cover tuition fees and living expenses. 

Once the application is approved, the CAS will be sent to the student. The decision letter will also specify the full duration of the visa. Students can then collect their Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) from the main post office in Oxford or a location close to their home address. 

Graduates pursuing bachelor’s and master’s degrees will be able to stay in the country for two years, while those with PhDs can stay for three years. This makes the UK an excellent option for international students looking to build a career in their chosen field.